Xi Guo, Signature member of NWS ( National Watercolor Society) and NWWS (Northwest Watercolor Society) , was born and grew up in Shanghai, China. She earned her BFA in oil painting from Shanghai Normal University and completed her graduate school at Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) in 2014, majoring in photography.
Xi started to focus on painting with watercolor about five years ago and became a world-wide award-winning watercolor artist. Xi won the second place in the Watermedia Showcase Competition and was asked to give a full-page interview by Watercolor Artist Magazine in 2014. In the same year, her painting was included in the art-book Splash 16, The Best of Watercolor: Exploring Texture published by North Light Books.
In 2015, Xi’s two paintings were selected to exhibit with 300 paintings from 50 R.I. (Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours) Members, 98 paintings selected from 732 entries from all over the world. One of her paintings won her the Shenzhen International Watercolor Biennial Prize. Xi became the first Chinese female painter who exhibited with the R.I. since it was founded in 1831. Her paintings were chosen by R.I again this year. Xi won the the Istanbul Excellence Award from 2015-2016 Shenzhen International Watercolor Biennial which is the one of most competitive and prestigious juried contemporary watercolor exhibitions in the world. As a Winner of All-Media Competition in the Watercolor and Gouache Category,
Xi was interviewed by The Artist's Magazine. The article was published in the July/August 2016 issue. Xi’s painting was also accepted by AWS’ (American Watercolor Society)149th international exhibition in New York City, and was selected to be a part of the travel exhibition this year. Most recently, Xi Won the Da Vinci Artist’s Merchandise Award in the National Watercolor Society's 96th Annual International Exhibition and was made a Signature Member of NWS.
- The Art of Watercolour Magazine 28th issue - The Cycle of Life
Contest, Fabriano, Italy Tangle - The Third Place- Invited Artist of WATERCOLOR INTERNATIONAL IV in Thessaloniki, Greece
2016 - Invited Artist of WATERCOLOR INTERNATIONAL III in Thessaloniki, Greece
- Invited Artist of The 1st Nanning China International Watercolor Invitational Exhibition, Nanning, China
2015 - Invited Artist of China Qingdao Youth Watercolor Artists International Exhibition, Qing Dao, China
- Invited Artist of World Watercolor Triennale Korea 2015, Hangaram Art Gallery, Seoul, Korea
- Invited Artist of The 1st Vietnam International Watercolor Society Exhibition, Hanoi, Vietnam
Selected Juried Exhibitions and Competitions
2018 - American Watercolor Society’s 151st Annual International Exhibition. Altar
- National Watercolor Society's 98th Annual International Exhibition. Tangle No.4
- Florida Watercolor society's 47th Annual Exhibition. Tangle No.6
2017 - National Watercolor Society's 97th Annual International Exhibition- Combined Donors Award. Tangle No.3
- San Diego Watercolor Society, the 36th International Exhibition- David Thayer Memorial AwardDavid Thayer Memorial
2015 - The Artist's Magazine, Winner of All-Media Competition in the Watercolor and Gouache Category.The Last Sleep No.2
- Shenzhen International Watercolor Biennial-the Istanbul Excellence Award. The Last Sleep No.2
- China/National Watercolor Society (NWS) Small Watercolor Painting Art Exchange Exhibition 2015-2016. Veil
- Royal Institute of Painter in Water Colours in England, The 203rd Open Exhibition-The Shenzhen International Watercolor
- Northwest Watercolor Society, 75th International Open Exhibition. Gaze
2014 - Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour, Open Water 89th Annual Open International Juried Exhibition- Salis
International Inc. – Dr. Ph. Martin’s Award Lilith
- North East Watercolor Society 38t Annual International Juried Exhibition 2014. A Living Room with Sunshine
- Pennsylvania Watercolor Society's 35th Juried International Exhibition-Cheap Joe’s Art Stuff Gift Certificate Award.
- Watercolor Art Society-Houston, 37th international exhibition. Dreaming of Butterfly, No. 1
2013 - Foothills Art Center, 40th Annual Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Exhibition. Dreaming of Butterfly, No.
2016 - St. Augustine Art Association, Nature and Wildlife Show, Awards Judge
2018 - Beaufort Art Association, 57th Annual Spring Show, Awards Judge